Chivinski, Andrew R.
- Medical Malpractice
- Military Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Employment Law
Mr. Chivinski founded the Chivinski Law Firm after 10 years of defending insurance companies and big corporations. He worked for eight years at San Diego' s best insurance defense and medical malpractice law firm, Neil Dymott Frank McFall & Trexler, and then for over 2 years at Morris Polich & Purdy - another big law firm that defends employers, medical device companies and nursing homes. He tried multiple jury trials to verdict and successfully defended clients in Courts all over the State of California.
After realizing his heart was no longer behind big, heartless corporations, he switched sides and now represents real people against those same insurance companies and corporations he used to defend.
Originally from Pennsylvania, Mr. Chivinski brings a blue-collar, East Coast work ethic and professionalism to bear on his practice. He currently resides in San Diego with his wife, Amber, and their two children.
Mr. Chivinski is a member of the Board of Directors of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. He also serves on CASD's Community Service and Membership committees. Mr. Chivinski has also guest-lectured at his alma mater, California Western School of Law (Medical Malpractice Litigation) and Thomas Jefferson School of Law (Trial Skills). He is also a member of American Association for Justice and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
Mr. Chivinski has been published several times by the Trial Bar News and the Los Angeles Daily Journal. In law school, he completed an internship with the San Diego District Attorney's Office - Gang Prosecution Unit. Mr. Chivinski has also frequently volunteered as a moot-court competition judge. He has presented webinars on Maximizing Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases, Dealing with Medical Provider Witnesses at Trial in the Post-COVID-19 Era and, most frequently, on Bench Trials.
- Young Attorney of the Year, 2008
- Young Attorney of the Year, 2011
- "American Jurisprudence Award"
- 2008 San Diego Daily Transcript Young Attorney of the Year Nominee
- 2011 San Diego Daily Transcript Young Attorney of the Year Nominee
- 2013 San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney Competition - Semi Finalist
- 2015 San Diego "Super Lawyer's" Magazine - Rising Star
Classes & Seminars
- "Taking the Plaintiff’s Deposition", California Western School of Law, 2009 to Present
- "Taking the Plaintiff’s Deposition", California Western School of Law, 2012 to Present
- Webinar - "Damages in Medical Negligence Cases" - February, 2019
- Webinar - "Impact of COVID-19 on Medical Provider Witnesses/Defendants" - April, 2020
- Webinar - "Bench Trials: The Judge's Perspective" - June, 2020
- "Product Liability Doctrine Takes Hold" - Los Angeles Daily Journal, August, 2013
- "Military Malpractice - The End of the Feres Doctrine?" - Trial Bar News, April, 2019
- "Future Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases" - Trial Bar News, December, 2018
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorney of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2005
- LaSalle University
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: Political Science
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Current Employment Position