We Stand Up For Your Employee Rights
Reporting misconduct or filing a claim against your employer is a scary prospect. You may not know your rights or where to start. You may be worried about the backlash, including losing your job.
The Chivinski Law Firm, APC, provides the legal strength and moral support to assert your rights. We help ordinary people fight back against discrimination, harassment, labor violations, retaliation and other abuses in the workplace. We will fiercely protect your rights. Call 619-413-0775 for a free consultation.
Your Employment Law Advocates
Our lawyer can explain your rights and legal remedies for any employment dispute you are dealing with:
- Employment discrimination – You cannot be singled out because of your age, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability. This includes discrimination in hiring, work assignments, pay, promotions, disciplinary action or layoffs.
- Sexual harassment – You do not have to put up with sexual advances by a coworker, demands for sexual favors from a supervisor, degrading comments or other lewd behavior that creates a hostile work environment.
- Wrongful termination or retaliation – You cannot be fired, demoted or harassed for discriminatory reasons, for filing a workers’ comp claim, for reporting harassment or for whistleblowing on illegal activity.
- Medical leave – The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the California Family Rights Act protect your job if you need to take unpaid leave to care for an ailing family member or your own serious health condition.
- Failure to accommodate – Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), employers must make reasonable accommodations to allow you to do your job, such as providing special equipment or a modified work schedule.
- Wage and hour claims – California has strong and clear labor laws. We can help you recover unpaid overtime, unpaid breaks or other money that was wrongfully withheld.
We Aren’t Afraid To Take On The Big Guys
Andrew Chivinski spent a decade at a defense law firm where he represented large corporations and insurance companies. In addition to developing sharp litigation skills, he gained valuable insights into how employers and insurers respond to claims and lawsuits.
We fear no employer, no matter how big. With the law and a skilled trial lawyer on your side, you can have the confidence to assert your employment rights and fight back. We are committed to making employers comply with employment rights and making them compensate our clients for abuse and injustice.
Tell Us What Happened In A Confidential Consultation
Mr. Chivinski will sit down with you in free, confidential consultation to listen to your story and help you decide what action to take. If you hire us, we will vigorously stand behind you and skillfully negotiate a resolution on your behalf. We are prepared to go to court if necessary to hold your employer accountable.
We take cases throughout San Diego area and Southern California. Call Chivinski Law Firm, APC.